Monday, September 7, 2009

First Day of School

The first day of school was FABULOUS. My little friends filed in as expected with their shiny new backpacks and perfect new hairdos. They angelically sat at their freshly made desks and dutifully listened to every word I said.

First day bliss.

But... would I be a terrible teacher if I said that I am not in love with them yet? I miss my old friends. I see them in other teachers' lines, and I want to yank them out and bring them back to mine. I miss their wiggling in the seats, their calling out, their laughter, their perfect handwriting-- I miss it all about them! The good and the bad!

It's normal, though. The mourning period will last a while... and my new shiny class will have a just as special spot in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment