Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Overload

Okay, so I'm on overload. I know that once you become a teacher, it is expected that you will have a whole heap of work to do. The "to-do" list is on-going, and never has an end. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. But, how much is too much?

With all of the new programs being implemented (ie. flexible groups, project read, RTI, Learnia, etc. etc. etc. etc.) at the SAME TIME, it is so hard to keep up with all of that in addition to the usual crazy workload we have.

I'm not saying that we are being 'overworked.' I'm not saying that we are being asked to do things that we should not be doing. I'm just saying that implementing so many new things at once may not be such a good idea. I'm seeing teachers becoming very frustrated and that usually ends up with people saying JUST FORGET IT!!! And we certainly don't want that.

Let's just take it one day at a time, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment