Saturday, December 26, 2009

American Education

Is there hope for the future of American Education? I know there is. Despite the constant obstacles that are thrown in our teachers' way, there still remains hope that there is a bright future for our children.
There are the best teachers in my child's school. They go out of their way to ensure that my child is getting the best education she deserves. I will never forget in the beginning of this school year, my child was feeling anxious about attending a new classroom with a new teacher. This teacher not only wrote us a letter over the summer, but also made several phone calls, and even invited us into her classroom! My daughter was able to meet her, and see the classroom, which lowered her anxiety level tenfold. She was also able to choose where she'd sit, and see which of her friends would be in the class with her.
It is because of teachers like this that I know there is hope for the future of American education.
This post is part of the MAT@USC Hope for the Holidays event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American Education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment