Saturday, December 5, 2009

Volunteers

I'm curious about what other teachers do about parent volunteers?

I've always welcomed parents into my classroom. I figure I have nothing to hide, right? I also feel that my students' parents and I should work as a team towards our one common goal: helping their child work to their potential.

Many teachers have the opinion that this teamwork should work as follows: teacher takes charge during the school day, parents take over at home. Why not intertwine the two? Show the students that all of these people are working together and care about them... and that all we do is FOR them?

To all those educators out there who are skeptical, I say give it a try!! Don't let the parent intimidate you. YOU are the professional, and you know what you are doing! Accept the help. The parents AND your students will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment